School » About Us
Our current enrollment is 228 students in classes from pre K to eighth grade. St. Joseph-St. Thomas School follows the New York Common Core State Standards and Archdiocesan Guidelines for Essential Learnings.
- Preschool program for three year-olds and four year-olds
- Kindergarten through grade 8 - one class per grade
- Average class size is 30 students
- Full time teacher assistant in preschool
- Special subject classes for kindergarten through grade 8 in music/art, gym and computer
- Academic Intervention Services are available for students who require additional assistance
- After - School Program available
- After - School Band Program
- After - School Bricks4Kidz
- Parish Sports Program
- Free bus service provided by Pioneer Bus Company
- Students attend Mass at St. Thomas the Apostle Church
- Students take the following New York State Exams: English Language Arts (ELA) and Math (grades 3-8)
- Lunch can be brought from home or purchased through the school cafeteria
- All families registering as parishioners are required to attend Mass on a weekly basis as well as on Holy Days of Obligation. Mass attendance is verified.
- All St. Joseph-St. Thomas School students in eighth grade take the Test for Admission into Catholic High Schools (TACHS).
- AdvancEd Accredited/North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement
St. Joseph-St. Thomas School's mission is to provide a Christ centered environment rooted in Catholic values and academic excellence. We strive to prepare each student spiritually, intellectually, socially and culturally for life's journey.
St. Joseph-St. Thomas School accepts the command of Jesus, "Go, teach all nations." The total education process of our school aims to assist our students in the development of their spiritual, moral, intellectual, physical, social and aesthetic potential. We believe that a child must be challenged academically and nurtured spiritually. We see each child as an individual, and we believe that teamwork is essential for success.
At St. Joseph-St. Thomas School we encourage the creative and critical thinking of each student and foster a sense of responsibility. We strive to help our young people develop an awareness of their role in a Catholic faith community and acquire life-long habits of Christian living. We encourage service to parish, school, community, nation and world.
We believe that self-respect is paramount in the students' development. We attempt to make them aware of their own self-worth and help them to recognize the diversity of all students. We try to accomplish this by teaching Christian values and modeling Christian behavior.